Wednesday 10 October 2012


My First Blog – An Introduction! 

I wanted to blog about something that was really going to interest both me and my audience (hopefully I will have an audience!). So here it goes….. 
I’ve decided to write about the extremes of both religions and cults. Basically anything that I feel barely resembles its “mainstream religion” that it claims to be, or something that professes to be a religion but considered an extreme cult in the eyes of society. This theme will run through all of my blog posts. I’m going to explore all areas of the Internet and will post relevant articles and YouTube clips. 
I understand that some of the topics and issues that will be dealt with need to be done in a sensitive manner, but please do comment on my posts with any feedback, ideas or challenges that you may have and I will respond to you. 
Now let’s get down to some actual blogging business….
While doing some initial research on extreme religions I came across this website , which as you can see documents some of the world’s extreme religions. Some of them are quite humorous such as the religion of “Diego Maradona” but others appear more radical such as “2 – Nation of Yahweh, Black people are the true Jews”. It will be interesting to explore such an array of not-so-normal religions and see what they all practice. Do you think that religions such as these will turn out to be some harmless crackpot ideas put forward by a bunch of nutters or something that could turn more sinister?

No comments:

Post a Comment